Jha'dur

Story: Deathwalker
Written By: Larry DiTillio
Season: 1

A war criminal from the past arrives at the Station and it causes an uproar on the Station.  The episode deals with the political controversies that arise when Sinclair and his crew are forced to protect this war criminal.  It was a decent episode when watching it, but I must admit that again I don’t feel like much really stuck with me. 
The Kosh-Talia storyline with the goofy negotiations didn’t really thrill me, and it felt out of place with the major storyline of a WAR CRIMINAL being protected against most peoples wishes.

This is a major problem I have noticed during this season, is that most of the episodes feature the A and B storylines.  That kind of thing might work for Star Trek which is mostly designed to be an Adventure a week...but on a show that from the onset is trying to be different than Trek and have a more serialized nature, it just seems like they were writing the show wrong. Instead of A/B plots that get some kind of resolution at the episode’s end, this show needed what I assume it eventually adopted (judging by things I’ve heard and the few Second Season episodes I have thus far watched), which is to focus on the characters and continue the story week to week, not having the episodes wrap their storylines up and have some B-plot in their just to give some characters something to do. 

Decent A-Story, pointless and forgettable B-Story, and mixed bag episode. 

NEXT TIME: Morality of Death

Comments